Welcome to Your Hospital
If you haven’t been to Chilton Medical Center in a while, you may not know about the many exciting enhancements taking place at our bustling community hospital and beyond. Located in Pompton Plains, New Jersey, at the crossroads of Morris, Passaic and Bergen counties. Part of Atlantic Health System, Chilton is a 260-bed, fully accredited acute care hospital with 1,400 employees and more than 630 physicians representing 60 medical specialties. Our hospital is committed to providing innovative patient care in a compassionate and healing environment focused on personalized care. Annually, it serves more than 160,000 patients across 33 communities. Chilton is the only hospital in the region to offer free parking, cable television and wireless internet access to its patients and visitors. Chilton is also a smoke-free campus.
Our Outstanding Clinical Services
- The award-winning Primary Stroke Center
- Robot-Assisted Surgery featuring the latest generation da Vinci Robotic Surgical System
- The beautiful new Total Joint Center, ranked among the top ten hospitals in NJ for Joint Replacement Surgery by HealthGrades
- The newly-renovated Breast Center, offering the same level of expertise as large academic medical centers, but with a personal touch, that can only be found in a community hospital
- A Breast Surgery Program featured a dedicated, fellowship-trained breast surgeon.
- The Mother Baby Center, featuring beautiful all-private suites, celebration meals and a spa with massage services for moms
- An Emergency Department, serving 48,000 patients annually, and the dedicated Pediatric Emergency Department where patients see a pediatric emergency doctor within about 20 minutes of arrival guaranteed
- The recently upgraded Cardiovascular Interventional Lab, offering a full range of life-saving cardiovascular procedures
- The accredited Sleep Health Institute
- The Wound Healing Center, which is among only a handful of hospitals in the region to offer Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- The Chilton Cancer Center
- The Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence
- Diabetes Self-Management Education Program
- Pain Management Services
- State-of-the-Art Imaging Services that include MRI, 64-Slice CT and PET scanning
- Chilton Lab with two convenient locations.
The Future is Now
Chilton is concluding a $24 million renovation and modernization project that is not only transforming its facilities, but the way in which it delivers care to its communities. The renovation exemplifies Chilton’s commitment to offering an exceptional level of care, combining clinical excellence with a focus on optimizing the patient experience. Among the many enhancements, Chilton is tripling the number of its private rooms, exceeding the standard of any other area hospital.
All patient care areas are being modernized with the latest technology and redesigned to portray a soothing, comfortable environment, incorporating natural color tones and the warm comforts of home to reduce stress and promote healing.
In the end, beautiful facilities and wonderful experiences are simply impossible without the tireless efforts of our expert staff who understand meeting each patient’s specific needs is just as important as the quality of care we deliver. This includes our dedicated medical and dental staff that offers our patients and their families genuine hope and healing close to home. Our compassionate nurses and support staff whose only mission is to provide the best care and quality of life to our community. Our board members who have strategically and courageously set Chilton on a path toward success. And our visionary donors who seek to leave a legacy of caring in a region where all are afforded only the best medicine delivered by our family of caregivers.
We thank you for choosing Chilton, and we look forward to serving your health care needs.