Perhaps no other group represents the heart of Chilton more than our Auxiliary.
These dedicated individuals have supported the hospital since its inception, rallying the charitable spirit of a community to build a state-of-the-art medical facility and improve the health of area residents.
Indeed, what began in 1949 with 20 charter members has evolved into a thriving organization that continues to drive the hospital's philanthropy. Over the last half century, the Auxiliary has raised more than $4 million for Chilton. Their efforts have funded life-saving medical equipment, expansions and modernizations, surgical innovations and vital enhancements to virtually every aspect of Chilton's vast continuum of services - from leading edge technology for our mobile intensive care units to cancer-fighting therapies. Most recently, the Auxiliary donated $500,000 to the hospital's Special Care Nursery, enhancing care for premature and fragile newborns.
Join the Chilton Hospital Auxiliary today!
The Auxiliary's charitable stewardship is fueled by a host of fundraising activities, including operation of the hospital's Gift Gallery along with these signature projects:
- "Buy a Brick" Program - Become part of Chilton's legacy while honoring a loved one or celebrated event with a personally inscribed commemorative brick.
- Boiling Springs Savings Bank Alliance - Your personal bank account can help Chilton's endowment grow! Simply designate a new or existing account for participation and Chilton will receive quarterly rewards based on your average daily balance.
- A Night at the Theatre - An evening of arts, wine and light refreshments held at the Barn Theatre in Montville.
- Cash for Gold - Bring in unwanted gold or silver and leave with cash!
- Queen's Tea - An elegant evening of exotic teas and menu samplings held at the High SocieTea House in Wayne.
- Casino Night - A casino-themed fundraiser featuring games of chance, entertainment, dining and other highlights.
- Holiday Tree of Lights - After 23 years, this longstanding community tradition illuminates a commemorative tree light in honor or remembrance of each donor's loved one.
- "Give and Receive" Basket Raffle - An annual employee-sponsored event to raise money for special needs.
- House Tours, Fashions Shows and more!
See our Upcoming Events page for more details, or call (973) 831-5345.
While fundraising is central to the Auxiliary mission, the group contributes far more than financial support. True hospital ambassadors, these inspiring individuals serve Chilton in many other ways as well - spreading holiday cheer by decorating our facilities and crafting meal tray favors, knitting and crocheting hats, shawls and other hand-made items for our cancer patients and newborns, and volunteering throughout the hospital.
Without question, the Auxiliary is a treasured part of the Chilton family. Not merely for their extraordinary philanthropy, but for sharing a more precious gift - their time. Whether chairing a fundraiser, manning the Gift Gallery, or knitting booties, its membership works tirelessly to enrich our hospital and the lives of our patients.
Looking for a special way to impact your community? The Chilton Hospital Auxiliary always welcomes new members!
Call (973) 831-5345 for more information about the Auxiliary or our next meeting.