Fourth Annual ‘Paint the Towns Pink’ Fights Breast Cancer|
In honor of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, the Chilton Hospital Foundation and the Community Outreach Department have teamed up with numerous local businesses for the fourth annual “Paint the Towns Pink” fundraising event.
During the week of October 8 through 13, designated businesses throughout the community will generously donate a percentage of sales to support The Breast Center at Chilton and the 15,500 patients that the Center provides personalized care for each year.
Last year’s Paint the Town Pink event raised a total of total of $21,322 for the expansion and renovation of The Breast Center. The 2012 event will feature 20 businesses within a diversity of sponsorship levels, including:
Merrill Lynch, Wayne
- Pompton Queen Diner, Pompton Plains
- Positano Restaurant and Pizzeria, Wayne
- Aldo’s Cucina, Wayne
- Ameti’s Gourmet Pizza, Pequannock
- Bardi’s Bar & Grill, Pequannock
- Gary’s Wine & Marketplace, Wayne
- Good Food Café at Chilton Hospital, Pompton Plains
- Grasshopper Too Irish Restaurant & Pub, Wayne
- Hunziker, Jones & Sweeney, Wayne
- The Image Gallery, Wayne
- Monica’s Italian Restaurant, Pompton Lakes
- My Mommy’s Cookies, Butler
- Open Road Wayne Acura, Wayne
- Prime 15 SteakHouse & Grill, Ringwood
- Rosemary & Sage, Riverdale
- Starbucks, Pompton Lakes
- Sunset Pub & Grill, Lincoln Park
- Van Dyk Manor of Montclair, Montclair
- Vila Verde Restaurant, Wayne
For more information about the Paint the Towns Pink event, call the Chilton Hospital Foundation at (973) 831-5165 or the Community Outreach Department at (973) 831-5367.
About The Breast Center at Chilton Hospital
The Breast Center was completely transformed in 2011 through a $1.6 million renovation to provide a warmer, more comfortable experience for its patients. New features include:
- Enhanced efficiency: There are now two separate areas dedicated for patients receiving screening (basic) mammograms and another for diagnostic (more involved) mammography.
- More privacy: The registration area has been expanded and separated from the waiting area, and features private, individual registration desks.
- State-of-the-art technology: Two new ultrasound machines, a third digital mammography unit and a stereotactic table have been installed.
- Optimized comfort: The center was redesigned with a tranquil, spa-like atmosphere that includes a host of extra amenities.
If you would like to donate to the Chilton Hospital Foundation for The Breast Center’s renovation project or future programs and equipment, call (973) 831-5165. The Chilton Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization governed by a volunteer Board of Trustees. All gifts to the Foundation are tax deductible to the fullest extent currently allowed by law. For more information, visit www.chiltonhealth.org/chilton-hospital-foundation
For more information about The Breast Center, visit www.chiltonhealth.org/breast-center
For more information about the Community Outreach Department at Chilton, visit: www.chiltonhealth.org/community-outreach
Chilton Hospital is a fully accredited, 260-bed, acute-care, community hospital. It is a four-time recipient of the HealthGrades Specialty Excellence Award in Stroke, and Five-Star Rated for Stroke Care, the highest possible, for six years in a row. It is also Five-Star Rated for Joint Replacement and Total Knee Replacement for 2012. Chilton’s many services include minimally invasive and robot-assisted surgery, a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, a Pain Management center, the Sleep Health Institute, the Comprehensive Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Center, the Chilton Cancer Center, the MotherBaby Center, an American Diabetes Association-recognized diabetes education program and a weight loss surgery program. Chilton has recently embarked on a $24 million modernization project, which includes the Cardiovascular Interventional Lab, The Breast Center and the Total Joint Center. The hospital is located at 97 West Parkway in Pompton Plains, NJ 07444. For more information about Chilton's facilities and services, or to find a doctor by name, specialty, or location, please visit www.chiltonhealth.org or call 1-888-CHILTON.