Chilton Hospital Offers Screenings and Services at Wayne Township’s Annual Health Fair on October 13|
Chilton Hospital’s Community Outreach Department will offer a variety of screenings and services at Wayne Township’s 34th Annual Health Fair on Saturday, October 13, from 8:30 a.m. to noon, at Wayne Valley High School, 551 Valley Road, Wayne.
Representatives from various Chilton departments will be present to provide information including:
- Comprehensive Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Center
- The Joint Center
- The Breast Center
- Cardiovascular Interventional Lab
- Community Outreach
Free screenings and services offered by Chilton’s Community Outreach Department include:
- Blood pressure screening (8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.)
- Body fat analysis (9 a.m. to noon)
Other services provided at the Wayne Health Fair:
- Adult flu shots are free with Medicare Part B, or $15 for other individuals. Appointments are required. To pre-register, visit www.waynetownship.com or call (973) 694-1800, extension 3281.
- Blood chemistry profile is available for $22. Pre-registration and pre-payment are required. Call (973) 694-1800, extension 3281 to pre-register by October 5.
- A blood drive will be available. Pre-registration is highly recommended. To pre-register, call (201) 251-3703.
- Hearing screening from 9 a.m. until noon
- Glucose screening
- Spinal screening
- Scoliosis screening
- Ear wax screening
- Chair massage
- Nutrition information
- Cancer information
- Bicycle safety information
- Long term care information
The Wayne Health Fair is free and open to people of all ages. Various companies and organizations will be present to offer giveaways. The event is sponsored by Wayne Health Department, Chilton Hospital and St. Joseph’s Healthcare System. For more information, call (973) 694-1800, extension 3242.
Chilton Hospital is a fully accredited, 260-bed, acute-care, community hospital. It is a four-time recipient of the HealthGrades Specialty Excellence Award in Stroke, and Five-Star Rated for Stroke Care, the highest possible, for six years in a row. It is also Five-Star Rated for Joint Replacement and Total Knee Replacement for 2012. Chilton’s many services include minimally invasive and robot-assisted surgery, a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, a Pain Management center, the Sleep Health Institute, the Comprehensive Wound Healing/Hyperbaric Center, the Chilton Cancer Center, the MotherBaby Center, an American Diabetes Association-recognized diabetes education program and a weight loss surgery program. Chilton has recently embarked on a $24 million modernization project, which includes the Cardiovascular Interventional Lab, The Breast Center and the Total Joint Center. The hospital is located at 97 West Parkway in Pompton Plains, NJ 07444. For more information about Chilton's facilities and services, or to find a doctor by name, specialty, or location, please visit www.chiltonhealth.org or call 1-888-CHILTON.