Chilton Hospital’s Fourth Annual ‘Paint the Towns Pink’ Event Receives Widespread Community Support|
During the week of October 8 through 13, designated businesses throughout the community generously donated to The Breast Center at Chilton Hospital in honor of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
This year’s fourth annual “Paint the Towns Pink” event raised more than $17,000 through 24 participants within a diversity of sponsorship levels. A few highlights of this year’s event included:
- Wayne Hills and Wayne Valley High Schools held girls’ soccer games, raising $3,950 for The Breast Center through ticket sales and various other items such as t-shirts and pink shoelaces
- Spa 23 of Pompton Plains, held a “Hope Event” which raised $800. Gym members were invited to donate however much money they would like to honor or memorialize a friend or loved one.
- Kellie Catalano, a Wayne-based Touchstone Crystal dealer, sold jewelry at Positano Restaurant and Pizzeria in Wayne. She provided a 20 percent discount for two evenings, which raised $250 for the cause.
“I’m proud to announce that the 2012 Paint the Towns Pink event was another huge success,” said Chilton Community Outreach Director/Interim Foundation Director Joan Beloff. “We had two more participants than last year and we’re starting to see new types of fundraising efforts. In the first year, this event was only available to restaurants. We then expanded it to other types of businesses, due to popular demand. This year, high schools and individuals asked to raise money for this cause as well. We’re truly grateful to have such caring people and businesses involved in this campaign.”
The 2012 Paint the Towns Pink sponsors were as follows:
- Pompton Queen Diner, Pompton Plains
- Positano Restaurant and Pizzeria, Wayne
- Aldo’s Cucina, Wayne
- Ameti’s Gourmet Pizza, Pequannock
- Bardi’s Bar & Grill, Pequannock
- Gary’s Wine & Marketplace, Wayne
- Good Food Café at Chilton Hospital, Pompton Plains
- Grasshopper Too Irish Restaurant & Pub, Wayne
- Hunziker, Jones & Sweeney, Wayne
- Kellie Catalano/Touchstone Crystal, Wayne
- Monica’s Italian Restaurant, Pompton Lakes
- My Mommy’s Cookies, Butler
- Open Road Wayne Acura, Wayne
- Prime 15 SteakHouse & Grill, Ringwood
- Rosemary & Sage, Riverdale
- Spa 23, Pompton Plains
- Starbucks, Pompton Lakes
- Sunset Pub & Grill, Lincoln Park
- The Image Gallery, Wayne
- Van Dyk Manor of Montclair, Montclair
- Vila Verde Restaurant, Wayne
- Wayne Hills High School, Wayne
- Wayne Valley High School, Wayne
About The Breast Center at Chilton Hospital
The Breast Center was completely transformed through a $1.6 million renovation to provide a warmer, more comfortable experience for its patients. New features include:
- Enhanced efficiency and privacy: There is a separate area dedicated for patients receiving screening (basic) mammograms and another for diagnostic (more involved) mammography. The registration area is separate from the waiting area, and features private, individual registration desks.
- High-tech breast health: Screening and diagnostic mammography, ultrasound, MRI and image-guided needle biopsies are some of the many advanced services performed.
- Optimized comfort: The Breast Center was redesigned with a tranquil, spa-like atmosphere that includes a host of extra amenities.
- Staffed for personalized care: The Breast Center is staffed by a dedicated team of breast imagers in a warm, caring atmosphere. Technologists are certified in both mammography and breast ultrasound. Business Partner Jennifer Orsillo helps reduce stress by explaining biopsies one-on-one to patients.
- National recognition, close to home: The American College of Radiology certified The Breast Center as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence.
For more information about The Breast Center, visit www.chiltonhealth.org/breast-center
For more information about the Community Outreach Department at Chilton, visit: www.chiltonhealth.org/community-outreach
Chilton Hospital is a fully accredited, 260-bed, acute-care, community hospital. It is a four-time recipient of the HealthGrades Specialty Excellence Award in Stroke, and Five-Star Rated for Stroke Care, the highest possible, for six years in a row. It is also Five-Star Rated for Joint Replacement and Total Knee Replacement for 2012. Chilton’s many services include minimally invasive and robot-assisted surgery, a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, a Pain Management center, the Sleep Health Institute, the Comprehensive Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Center, the Chilton Cancer Center, the MotherBaby Center, an American Diabetes Association-recognized diabetes education program and a weight loss surgery program. Chilton has recently embarked on a $24 million modernization project, which includes the Cardiovascular Interventional Lab, The Breast Center and the Total Joint Center. The hospital is located at 97 West Parkway in Pompton Plains, NJ 07444. For more information about Chilton's facilities and services, or to find a doctor by name, specialty, or location, please visit www.chiltonhealth.org or call 1-888-CHILTON.