Chilton Hospital’s 2013 Paint the Towns Pink Campaign Raises $20,000 to Fight Breast Cancer|
The fifth annual Paint the Towns Pink campaign has raised more than $20,000 for The Breast Center at Chilton Hospital. The 2013 campaign raised around $3,000 more than the previous year.
Every October since 2009, a team of local businesses have been gathered to help support The Breast Center and the 16,000 women in the community that it serves, in honor of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
A total of 21 businesses pledged to donate to the Chilton Hospital Foundation during the Paint the Towns Pink week of October 7 through 13, 2013. Many of the establishments offered discounts during this designated time to promote the event. Each business that pledged a minimum of $500 received a participation plaque to display.
“I’m proud to announce that the five-year total for Paint the Towns Pink has reached more than $70,000,” said Director of the Chilton Hospital Foundation and Community Outreach Department Joan Beloff. “We experienced many inspiring donations this year from businesses and other organizations that didn’t make a pre-event pledge. Once word got around, they wanted to join by holding their own breast cancer awareness fundraising events and generously contribute to our cause.”
The non-traditional donations, which raised a total of $4,400 included:
- Kindred MC, a Lyndhurst-based motorcycle club, sold breast cancer awareness t-shirts.
- Two local hair salons, Colorforms (Pequannock) and J. Capri Salon (Pompton Plains), visited Chilton to weave pink extensions in employees’ hair for donations.
- Spa 23, Pompton Plains, and Fred Astaire Dance Studio, Montville, held individual fundraising events in their business locations.
The official 2013 list of businesses that pledged to the Paint the Towns Pink campaign was as follows:
Open Road Auto Group, Acura of Wayne
Pompton Queen Diner, Pompton Plains
Positano Restaurant & Pizzeria, Wayne
- Aldo’s Cucina, Wayne
- Ameti’s Gourmet Pizza, Pequannock
- Amore Cucina/Pub 611, Wayne
- Applebee’s, Butler and Totowa
- Gary’s Wine & Marketplace, Wayne
- Good Food Café, Chilton Hospital
- Grasshopper Too Restaurant & Bar, Wayne
- High SocieTea House, Wayne
- Hunziker, Jones & Sweeney, PA, Wayne
- The Image Gallery, Wayne
- Laurie’s Homemade Candies, Wayne
- Monica’s Italian Restaurant, Pompton Lakes
- My Mommy’s Kitchen, Butler
- Novelli Restaurant, Wayne
- Paris Inn Restaurant, Wayne
- Prime 15 SteakHouse & Grill, Ringwood
- Rosemary and Sage, Riverdale
- Sunset Pub & Grill, Lincoln Park
The Chilton Hospital Foundation is still accepting donations from breast cancer awareness fundraising events. Please call (973) 831-5165 for more information.
Chilton Hospital is a fully accredited, 260-bed, acute-care, community hospital. It is Five-Star Rated, the highest possible by Heathgrades, for Total Knee Replacement and Heart Failure, for three years in a row and two years in a row, respectively. Chilton is also named a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures by The Joint Commission for Heart Attack, Heart Failure, Pneumonia and Surgical Care. Chilton’s reputation in the community has been built on personalized care and many close-to-home services including an Emergency Department, MotherBaby Center, Comprehensive Wound Healing/Hyperbaric Center and Sleep Health Institute. The hospital has nearly completed its $24 million modernization project, which includes the Cardiovascular Interventional Lab, The Breast Center, Total Joint Center, Cancer Center and Surgical Services. The Chilton Health Network is continuously growing with satellite offices currently in Butler, Haskell, Hewitt, Pompton Plains and Wayne, NJ. Chilton Hospital is located at 97 West Parkway in Pompton Plains, NJ 07444. For more information about its facilities and services, or to find a doctor by name, specialty, or location, please visit www.chiltonhealth.org or call 1-888-CHILTON.