When you or a loved one is facing cancer, you shouldn't have to travel the globe to receive world-class health care. That's why the Cancer Center at Chilton Hospital is dedicated to providing what cancer patients need - the finest doctors, most promising medical treatments and newest clinical innovations - where they're needed most, close to home.
Chilton is among only 25 percent of U.S. hospitals recognized as a Comprehensive Community Cancer Program by the American College of Surgeons' Commission on Cancer. Furthermore, the organization has awarded Chilton a three-year Accreditation with Commendation - a level of certification achieved by only 27 percent of all hospitals nationwide. These prestigious designations reflect the true hallmarks of a first-rate cancer center, including:
- A full continuum of cancer services in one centralized location, taking you from diagnosis through treatment, recovery and every phase of cancer care
- Top cancer specialists, including board certified physicians, oncology-trained nurses and a compassionate, multi-disciplinary team of health professionals
- Advanced diagnostic technologies and cancer-fighting therapies
- Ongoing support for cancer patients and survivors, including nutrition counseling, support groups, behavioral health services and enrichment programs
- Stress-relieving amenities, such as designated free parking and dedication to an outpatient transportation program for those in need
Additionally, Chilton is ranked No. 1 in the category of "Top Hospital for Breast Cancer" for New Jersey hospitals with 350 or fewer beds, according to Castle Connolly Medical Ltd., a health care research and information company. The ranking is based on surveys completed by physicians across the state who were asked to vote on the best hospitals in a number of clinical specialties as well as for overall care.
Chilton's Cancer Center strives to give each patient the best possible chance for successful treatment, along with the comfort and convenience of finding it right in your own community. So you can focus on getting well without the burden of traveling to a larger, long-distance cancer facility.
All outpatient services are provided in Chilton's Collins Pavilion, located adjacent to the main hospital building. For more information about Chilton's Cancer Center, please call (973) 831-5306.