Chilton Medical Center provides infusion services to adult patients for the treatment of cancer and a variety of benign or non-cancerous conditions.
Our infusion program is accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer and our staff is highly-trained and certified in oncology nursing and chemotherapy administration. We meet regularly with our patients’ physicians to discuss diagnosis and ensure they are receiving the most advanced care possible.
Available infusion treatments include:
- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy – given prior to a surgical procedure to shrink the tumor
- Adjuvant chemotherapy – given after surgery to destroy any remaining cancerous cells
- Targeted biological therapies
- Blood product administration
- Antibiotic and other intravenous-related treatments
Patient amenities and support services include:
- Comfortable treatment experience
- Individual instruction on what to expect during and after infusion therapy
- Written, verbal and online education regarding illness and treatment
- Books and magazines
- Complimentary lunch service and refreshments
- Nutrition counseling and social work
- Access to integrative medicine therapies, such as yoga, pet therapy and music therapy
- Community education programs
- Financial guidance
- Access to cancer research trials
Infusion services are available at Chilton Medical Center in the Collins Pavilion, located at 97 West Parkway in Pompton Plains, NJ. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 7:45am to 4:00pm. For more information, please call 973-831-5308.
When other specialized cancer services are necessary, Carol G. Simon Cancer Center at Morristown Medical Center and Overlook Medical Center can seamlessly provide care for our patients.