Your childbirth experience is a memory that will last forever, deserving far more than your standard hospital stay. Chilton's Mother Baby Center is designed to create the perfect setting for this cherished life event. Our modernized facility combines state-of-the-art obstetric care with unique comforts and amenities for the entire family, such as sleep accommodations for dads or support partners. Chilton encourages moms-to-be to personalize their birthing experience in any way that makes it more memorable. It's no wonder that more than 1,000 expectant mothers choose to deliver their babies here each year.
Chilton's Mother Baby Center provides everything necessary for a personalized birthing experience, including:
- Private, warmly decorated labor, delivery and recovery suites, home-like furnishings, flat-screen televisions with free cable and complimentary wireless Internet
- Experienced obstetricians and midwives
- Two state-of-the-art operating suites for Cesarean deliveries
- Caring, compassionate and skilled medical experts, including registered nurses as well as board-certified neonatologists, perinatologists, anesthesiologists and 24-hour, in-house pediatricians
- Supportive environment where you are encouraged to bring personal items such as aromatherapy, birth balls, music, etc., to make you feel more at home
- Water birth and hydrotherapy supported by midwife
- A welcoming, spacious visitors' lounge and whimsical playroom filled with toys, games and a giant saltwater fish tank
- "Couplet care" in a beautifully appointed postpartum room following your initial recovery, meaning the same nurse cares for both mother and newborn to promote bonding, healing and personalized instruction for maternal and newborn care
- Two nurseries nestled within the Mother Baby Center, including a Level II Special Care Nursery for babies with additional medical needs and a secure Webcam for "virtual visiting"
- Lactation services provided by registered nurses and certified lactation specialists
- Infant care classes for new parents
- A luxurious spa room
- A celebratory gourmet dinner on us, served in the comfort of your own suite
- Personalized visiting hours and online Web Nursery
Labor and Delivery
Our private, home-like labor/delivery/tecovery rooms contain state-of-the-art equipment and are staffed by specially trained registered nurses who work with your obstetrician or midwife to provide individualized care. Anesthesiologists are available 24 hours a day. Two fully equipped operating suites are part of our Labor and Delivery Unit.
Chilton Medical Center lactation specialists are available to help new mothers during their stay after giving birth. While all nurses at the hospital's Mother Baby Center are qualified to help nursing mothers, lactation specialists offer advanced training and knowledge in breastfeeding support. Their services are available free of charge throughout a mother's hospital stay.
Additionally, Chilton offers outpatient lactation consultations and sells breast pumps, as well as breastfeeding supplies. To determine if a breast pump is necessary and, if so, which type is best, please consult with your physician or lactation specialist.
For more information about Lactation Services, please call (973) 831-5263.
After You Go Home
Chilton's commitment to you and your baby doesn't end once you leave the hospital. We know the first days of parenthood can be filled with questions about everything from diapers to colic. And how do you do that swaddle thing again?
Every new mother will receive a call from one of our staff members to check on her recovery and address any concerns. And that's just the beginning. You will also have access to a 24-hour phone line that allows you to speak with a nurse about your newborn's care – even in the middle of the night. (We'll be awake, too!)