Chilton offers many diagnostic tests that help physicians evaluate heart health without surgery or invasive techniques:
- Echocardiography - This test is an ultrasound of the heart, whereby high frequency sound waves create a digital image of the chambers and valves. These snapshots enable doctors to assess heart function and detect valvular and structural abnormalities.
- Cardiac Stress Testing - This test measures a heart's response to increased activities. Patients are asked to walk on a treadmill while a doctor monitors heart rhythm, heart rate and blood pressure. It is sometimes coupled with nuclear or ultrasound imaging.
- Electrocardiography - An electrocardiogram (ECG) records the electrical activity of the heart to detect abnormal heartbeats, arrhythmias, and/or evidence of a heart attack or other problems.
- Cardiac Monitoring - Chilton utilizes various methods for monitoring heart activity and risk factors, including 24-hour blood pressure monitoring, holter monitoring (to record electrical activity), and cardiac event monitoring (to study heart rhythm over a longer period of time).
- Pacemaker Center - Anyone with an implanted pacemaker may have it monitored by Chilton's Pacemaker Center. Often this can be done in the convenience of one's own home via telephone connection. Cardiologists review results to ensure the device is functioning properly and efficiently.
- Vascular Laboratory - This service allows physicians to diagnose blood vessel disease through ultrasound and Doppler technology.
Call 1-888-CHILTON for more information about Chilton's Heart and Vascular Care or referral to a skilled Chilton physician.