When your child needs a trip to the Emergency Department, it's natural to worry. But you shouldn't have to wait – at least not long.
Chilton Hospital's Pediatric Emergency Department (ED) guarantees that every child who comes through our doors will be seen by a pediatric emergency doctor within 20 minutes of arrival. That's 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Dedicated exclusively to newborns through kids up to 17 years of age, our Pediatric ED is staffed and equipped to handle all kinds of childhood emergencies, from sports injuries, appendicitis and asthma attacks to high fevers and broken bones.
We understand that kids aren't just little people, so our Pediatric ED provides a bright, nurturing environment to not only accommodate their specialized needs, but also ease their fears. Rather than stark white walls, our rooms are adorned with under–the–sea murals and cartoon canines.
Of course, nothing comforts parents more than top notch pediatric emergency care. Our facility delivers with such features as:
- Short wait times – No more than 20 minutes to see a doctor… we promise!
- Outstanding staff – All children are seen by board certified emergency medicine physicians and nurses extensively trained in pediatric care and certified in pediatric advanced life support.
- The best ratings – Press Ganey, a premier benchmarking organization, ranks Chilton's Pediatric ED in the 99th percentile nationally for patient satisfaction.
- Fast track – Kids with minor illnesses and injuries are treated and released in less than one hour.
- Separate, family–friendly waiting room – Whales, dolphins and sea–loving creatures are the theme in this vividly decorated play area.
Our caring touch will even follow you home. The day after each visit, parents can expect a call from our pediatric physician to check on their child's recovery, answer any questions, and provide the guidance they need to get their kids back on their feet – and back on their game.
To learn more about Chilton's Pediatric ED, please call (973) 831–5121.