Traditional open gynecologic surgery, using a large incision for access to the uterus and surrounding anatomy, has for many years been the standard approach to many gynecologic procedures. Yet open surgery can cause significant pain, physical trauma and a long recovery process. For women facing gynecologic surgery, the period of pain, discomfort and extended time away from normal daily activities that usually follows traditional surgery can also cause significant anxiety.
The da Vinci® Robotic Surgery System enables Chilton's gynecological surgeons to perform more complex operations through just a few tiny incisions. For robotic hysterectomy patients, that means a host of potential benefits, including:
- Shorter hospital stay (one day in most cases, versus 3-5)
- Significantly less pain post-operatively (often only over-the-counter pain meds required)
- Quicker recovery and return to normal activities (1-2 weeks, versus 6-8 weeks)
- Fewer complications and less risk of infection
- Less scarring (small, dime-sized incisions, versus 6-8 inch scar)
Are You a Candidate for Robotic Hysterectomy?
To find out if a minimally invasive robotic gynecologic procedure is right for you, visit our online physician directory or call 1-888-CHILTON.
Our Medical Team
Khashayar Shakiba, MD
Steven Domnitz, MD
Shaghayegh DeNoble, MD