The hospital maintains a Pastoral Care program, which is available regardless of religious affiliation.
Professional chaplains offer spiritual care to all who are in need while demonstrating a deep commitment and sensitivity to the diverse ethnic and religious cultures found within our area. Spiritual care is also provided through interactions with patients and their families, other professional health care providers, volunteers and community members. Pastoral Care offers the following services:
- Provides specific religious functions, i.e., sacramental and spiritual ministries.
- Provides spiritual solace in life crises, offers support with such issues as end-of-life, loss and bereavement, coping with terminal or chronic illness and being a companion on one’s journeys and an empathic listener and a friend.
- Gives care for the whole person spiritually, emotionally and physically.
- Creates an atmosphere of caring.
- Makes referrals to patient’s faith groups.
- Provides spiritual support and education for patients, families and staff.
- Serves as a resource to the community on issues such as advance directives, spirituality and healing, wholeness and wellness, religion and end-of-life issues.
The Pastoral Care office is open Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and can be reached at (973) 831-5001. After hours, Pastoral Care can be received by calling the hospital operator and requesting Pastoral Care.
The Labyrinth Meditation Walk (pictured) is available anytime on the first and third Tuesday of each month starting at 9 a.m. It is open for 24 hours, closing on Wednesday at 9 a.m.
The Interfaith Chapel and Private Prayer Room are located adjacent to the main lobby. The Interfaith Chapel brings together people of every religious tradition to experience peace, solitude and spiritual presence. The Interfaith Chapel and Private Prayer Room are always available for use by patients, family and staff, offering a quiet place for meditation and reflection.